ECIS Logistics Platform
A platform for monitoring the security of a transport
- a shipper can make a request for booking at the different carriers known in the platform
- a shipper can add a complete security profile to the shipment depending on type of goods or strategic value.
- a shipper can select carriers based on certain security criteria and any other commercial agreements.
- once a shipment is accepted and planned, the shipper can follow in real time the status of the shipment.
- the shipper’s dashboard will indicate in real-time when one of the security requirements agreed with the carriers is not met.
- the shipper’s dashboard will report on the fly when an incident has happened with the shipment
- the shipper can implement specific business rules and escalation procedures in case of security breaches
- at the end of the transport, the shipper will get a proof of delivery from the platform and a complete independent security compliance report of the shipment containing: full report is security requirements have been implemented during the complete duration of the shipment: security check of drivers, security check of trucks and trailers, route information, loading and unloading times, stops at secured parkings, incidents during shipment, alarms during shipment ( deviation from route, unauthorized stops, etc )
- a shipper can give access to the shipment to the end customer to indicate in real time the status of delivery ( expected time of delivery, delays, etc)
- a carrier receives all requests for shipments from shippers using a uniform interface containing all security requirements for the shipments.
- a carrier can look into the system for available subcontractors which meet the necessary security requirements.
- a carrier can confirm a booking of a shipment and be sure that all security requirements are met before sending the confirmation.
- a carrier can follow in real time his own trucks and trailers but also trucks and trailers from his subcontractors
- and independent monitoring system will check the security requirements and will report to the carrier when one of the security requirements has been violated.
- In case of active monitoring involved, the carrier can give access the the active monitoring center to monitor the transport. Using the carrier’s dashboard, all interventions from the active monitoring center will be reported to the portal. Programmable business rules allow the carrier to anticipate automatically on each exception and by doing so prevent any incident escalation
- All the necessary reporting tools are present to report an incident to the shipper with automatically filled-in information
- After shipment, the carrier can issue a complete report to the shipper in which he can prove that all security requirements have been met during the complete transport
- An interface with a planning tool or by the planning tools in the system, the carrier can define the route which will be taken and can select a number of secured parkings. Based on that, the system will automatically check when the truck leaves the departure area, if the truck follows the agreed route, when doors are opened and closed, when the truck stops at secured parkings etc.
- Automatic error reporting will inform the carrier when something is not according to predefined rules i.e. wrong truck/trailer or driver at the gate, telematics equipment not working correctly, tamper attempts during transport, no gps information received for some time, deviation from route, unauthorized stops, door open close at unauthorized places, etc
- the portal provides subcontractors a platform on which they can offer their services to carriers. The platform allows subcontractors to manage trucks, trailers and drivers and make them available to carriers based on the required security profiles
- subcontractors can view in real time the position and all relevant parameters of their fleet.
- The platform allows for integration of all kind of third party tracking and telemetry devices
- Extensive alarm reporting during transport allows the subcontractor to intervene in real-time ( no gps signal, doors open on unauthorized places, deviation from route, etc)
- The portal allows resource allocation based on security requirements and availability of trucks, trailers and drivers